16.2.10

So much depends upon a red . . .

I'm still about 10 posts behind in this blog - have them all written on my brain. The problem is getting them from my brain to the laptop and juggling all the little techno-glitches while my son tries to climb in my lap to nurse and my daughter comes into my office to spread her mess.

Ah well. C'est la vie; n'est-ce pas?

I had to do this one, though. My friend Tara has been waiting since forever for me to continue this little cyber-tag bloggers game. So here it is.

The idea is to photograph 7 red things in your home and then tag your blogging friends to do the same.

So here goes. Here, in no particular order, are a few of my favourite red things


Teaghan's crayon roll - a super duper handy crayon keeper loosely modeled after this tutorial.


An image from Little Red Riding Hood - my kids' favourite fairy tale.


Our red Fropper - bought on clearance at Toys R Us and worth every penny. The older kids can still ride it and Emers scoots around the house on it yelling "wheeeeeeee!"


The red walls of our bedroom. Sexy, wha? Now if only we could get the kids to stay out.


It's obvious who gets the fancy clothes in the family, isn't it? My favourite shoes are old worn-out LL Bean clogs, Teaghans are these gliterry red Dorothy shoes. This is actually her third pair of these, one came in a hand-me-down bag and I've since found two more pairs at the Thrift store. These are about 2 sizes two big but she loves clunking around the house in them.


My kids' first collaborative artwork done on red paper, of course. The H and T are done by Harrison, the blue dots by Teaghan and the yellow scribbles by Emers. The cutting and gluing was a dual effort by Teaghan and Harrison.


My very best friends, if you go by the amount of time we spend together. Does it make me feel better about sweeping and mopping about 20 times a day because my broom and mop are red? NO! But it does make them easier to find when they're hiding under the couch.

Last but not least, a poem by one of my favourite poets. You've probably come upon this one before

so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.


Now it's your turn Entropy Girl, Valerie, Kia, Darrell, and Cathy.

4 comments:

  1. It's so funny that you posted that poem at the end. I swear I just read that poem in the book The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver. When things like that happen, I have no choice but to follow through so look for my red blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well hi there, nice to have found you. Thank you for you comments on my blog, it's lovely to meet new people and always nice to get comments. I have added you to my google reader so I can keep coming back now i've found you. Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ EntropyGirl. Yah!!! We dually inspire each other of course. You're the one who made me keep blogging a while ago.
    If William Carlos William were still alive I think he would have to be on my list - you know that list of famous people you're allowed to have sex with if given the chance. I don't have a list cause most of the people I would want on it are dead. And that's just creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Heather. Thanks for your comment! I wasn't trying to elicit comments, really I wasn't (ok, yes I was). I'm honoured that you've added me to your reader, though. I've added you to mine last night and have literally fallen in love with your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to add? Let us know: