6.5.10

I Love My New Look, But I Hate it Too!

Arghh! I have to take the time now to go back through every single bleeding post on this site and click on "post options" and then "allow" because for some reason when I switched the template it defaulted to "don't allow, hide comments." Not only does this mean that you can't comment or see comments for older posts. It also means that everytime I write a new post I have to check that darn button again. And I can't seem to fix this default function.



Soooo, while I work on that. I just wanted to say what an amazing feedback from my column yesterday. I heard from people all over the world. Some with NF, some parents with NF, and some parents of kids with special needs. I heard about how thankful everyone was for my column, but I also heard some pleas for help and understanding. I've been working to respond to all of those emails and comments because I know how important and hard it is to reach out to someone.


One absolutely incredibly, multi-talented young adult with NF emailed me. Her name is Jenni and she's very self-deprecating - aren't we all? But not only is she thriving with NF she's got TWO (count em - 2!) blogs and is really developing an amazing voice and talent for writing. So here, from Jenni's baking blog is one of the funniest and most well-written posts I've read in a while. Who knew you could do yoga in the bathroom!

Getting Out of My Head: Food Version: Yoga

2 comments:

  1. DAra, Your coloumn was amazing. You should link all your columns to your blog. You are amazing. I'm sorry that your son was diagnosed with NF, but I am glad he was born into such a wonderful loving family as yours. I worked at a children's hospital for several years where we had a whole clinic for children with NF. It was really wonderful to see how the parents were able to form such a great support group for each other and the kids could bond with others who were dealing with the same things. Thank you for writing about NF and educating us all. I really admire your wisdom, honesty, and love. XOXOXOXXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. One of the most wonderful things about this hospital was the camps it had for kids with similar diagnoses and the support groups for parents. I think those things made all the difference. The community it created was so wonderful and supportive for everyone. I loved that hospital. And since you asked...I worked there as a grantwriter and I also wrote stories for their PR magazine. Inspiring stories about patient families and stuff like that. It was really great. I loved working there. But now I don't think I could keep up with a full time gig like that. I don't want to miss all the fun stuff with the kiddos when they are little. Not to mention homeschooling. That wouldn't work out at all.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to add? Let us know: