So the number one rule of blogging is don't talk about blogging.
Hello audience? You don't exist apparently. This is just my own personal journal which instead of hiding under a mattress in the guest bedroom (don't look) I've made public to the entire world. I certainly don't care how many people read my blog or my visitation stats. No sirree.
The number two rule of blogging is don't post posts about why you haven't been blogging. That's a big no-no. Excuses, excuses, excuses right?
Except here's the thing. I actually do care about you - my readers. I care about the fact that you subscribed to this blog and for the last week I've given you nothing, nada, zip. I think it's awesome that even though I haven't posted anything new in the last week, I've gotten four new followers and hundreds of visits.
I care that I made a vow to myself to blog every day and I haven't been doing that. Because I'm torn. I want to blog every day, but I also want to write meaningful posts. And meaningful posts take time to research and write. They don't flow like snakes from my head.
So, here's what's up:
1. I've been working on a volunteer committe for World Breastfeeding Week. In Canada, just to be different, we celebrate it the first week of October. I've been trying to organise more media around the events for the entire Western Region of our province. It's been several years since they've done anything for it, so there's a lot of delays and confusion. However, fair warning, next week will be all about breastfeeding. For the whole week I will be posting about various issues in breastfeeding. At the beginning of the week I will put up a McLinky for everyone else to share their breastfeeding posts too. I expect brilliance. From everyone.
2. I'm broke. Beyond broke, actually. I spend a lot of time every day applying for jobs and preparing article proposals. We need more money. And we need it now. And between trying to find the money, worrying about the money we don't have and trying to figure out ways to stretch what little we do have, there's not a lot of room left in my brain for other thoughts.
4. I have four posts half-written. All wonderful thought-provoking posts you'll enjoy. For some reason I just can't seem to finish them. I will.
5. I've been working on launching a new blog - a joint one that my husband and I will post book reviews to. I sort of hope that some people might decide to buy the books and that they might click through from our amazon associates account. See number 2 above. But also I want my husband to have an opportunity to share his librarian brilliance and I have a lot of expereince in engaging children and young adults in literacy. The responsible thing is to share that. I've experienced some technical glitches. Essentially blogger can't do what I want it to do. But I can't afford to self-host. See number 2.
6. I have three kids. They're really crazy, demanding kids. Yeah, aren't they all, right? Except mine are a little more demaning than most. In the past week I've started my eldest on Concerta for ADHD and prepped him for his first ever spelling test. I've had to administer gallons of lactuolose to the middle child and try to push up her ultrasound appointment while also try to follow up with the doctor on her EEG results. The youngest has had croup, I've scheduled speech therapy and an MRI for him this week. We've all had a cold. My husband's been out of town. And even on my best more organised days, I can only write after the kids are in bed. I'm writing now when they are awake and since this posts has started I've been interrupted twelve times. Twelve. It's taken me exactly 28 minutes just to write this. Actually I've just been interruped three more times as I tried to write those three sentences. It's now been 40 minutes.
Forty minutes for a not very interesting post. Sorry if you feel it's a waste of time.
Thanks for reading. Normal service will resume shortly. (2 more interruptions)